Pathways 2 Sustainability (P2S) is a facilitated experience designed to help communities identify and inspire local industry, academic, and government champions to lead the pathways 2 sustainability.
We convene a local steering committee in each host community, similar to the way a community would actually design a sustainability plan- we bring in key stakeholders and decision makers and curate all conference elements from strategic outcomes to workshops, partners, exhibitors, and side events.
In 2016, we are pulling together a Provincial Advisory Committee to lead P2S and help us plan strategically for the next 5 years. We intend to host a series of Provincial Round Tables and Rural Innovation Forums leading up to the next conference that will highlight unique and inspiring stories of municipal partnerships with industry and showcase innovative solutions for water, waste, energy, food, and bio-materials.
P2S Calgary has its own local Steering Committee that will be hosting an event in March focused on advancing sustainability in the built environment and integrating the new United Nations Sustainable Development Goals for Cities.
Some Pathways Impacts:
- SOLUTIONS: Showcased over 140 solutions for municipal sustainability
- RELATIONSHIPS: Convened over 1200 decision makers from across industry, academia, and government
- REACH: Reached 55,000 through traditional and social media, live streamed events across Canada
- GREEN EVENTS: Converted 3 Conference Venues to "Green Event Hosts" - Sourcing Local, Green Energy, Eliminating Waste
- NEW CAPACITY: Kick Started Local Initiatives to guide municipal sustainability goals
Become a Pathways Leader - Help us shape the pathways 2 sustainability for Alberta's municipalities!