Municipalities, Counties, Rural Communities
Communities have been tasked with the impressive challenge of integrating sustainability into the ways that we design our communities and manage our resources.
What does sustainability mean for a municipality? What are the tools to implement a community sustainability plan? How can all community stakeholders be brought onto the same page? How can we make our sustainability plan work for us?
Sustainability Resources can help identify practical solutions for sustainability!
Implementation Support for Sustainability Plans
Sustainability Resources has developed a four point assessment and reporting strategy to advance community sustainability plans at any stage. The strategy includes:
- Community Systems Analysis - we assess your community sustainability goals against your existing operational strategies, local initiatives, and infrastructure management.
- Indicators of Achievement - we work with you to develop indicators of achievement that measure your impact in each one of your sustainability pillars (economic, environmental, social).
- Community Sustainability Action Plan - we help identify highest impact activities in short, medium and long term and work with your community stakeholders to confirm actionable targets and associated actions.
- Measuring and Reporting Success - we provide your community with a measurement framework to assist with the reporting to key stakeholders, funders, and the public.
Community Sustainability Assessments
- Audit your progress on your sustainability goals, and renew your commitment by celebrating your achievements!
- Identify climate risks, and develop strategies for community and economic resilience.
- Assess and map your community assets
- Create a baseline assessment of economic, social and environmental sustainability using indicators to measure & celebrate progress.
- Strengthen administrative reporting and commitments to your sustainability goals by developing a pro-active policy framework to support your sustainability goals.
Clean tech, integrated water, waste and energy solutions, and green infrastructure are all part of the path to resilient local economies.
We provide our clients with insights into best practices in sustainability solutions, planning and implementation and can help you develop programs and initiatives to advance your sustainability goals.
We are actively engaged in, and knowledgeable about, a variety of programs that could help you achieve your sustainability goals such as; the Rural Prosperity Initiative, Green Municipal Fund, Municipalities for Climate Innovation (Federation of Canadian Municipalities), and Energy Efficiency Alberta.
Sustainability Resources is member of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals, and we are a Canadian Affiliate of STAR Communities and trained to deploy the Framework for Sustainability!