November 8th Round Table & Conference Networking Reception
Key Question for Panelists: "What is our vision for the future of rural communities in Alberta given the realities of a changing climate and the need to diversify our economy and resource base?"
Interactive dialogue with exclusively invited thought leaders and decision makers from across the spectrum of local, provincial, and federal government with a focus on the future of rural communities. Participating Panelists include:
Morris Flewwelling - Former Mayor of the City of Red Deer
Al Kemmere - President of AAMDC
Nathan Cooper - MLA Olds Didsburry Three Hills
Helen Rice - Director, and Past Chair AUMA
Your Host Moderators: Judy Dahl, Mayor of the Town of Olds & Bruce Beattie, Reeve of Mountain View County
- Facilitated Round Table: Identifying and Championing Innovation in Rural Communities
- Distinguished panel of local, regional, and provincial decision makers and industry leaders
- Local Entertainment, Local Food & Spirits
- Exhibitor Set-Up and Showcase
- Open Registration to Olds and Region Community!
P2S Olds Flourishing Rural Economies Nov 9th & 10th
P2S Olds is an important opportunity to celebrate the success stories and achievements of the Olds Sustainability Plan!
This Conference will also attract the participation of industries, institutions, and governments from across Alberta and Canada to help showcase emerging innovations, build and strengthen strategic relationships, and to define pathways to sustainability for rural communities. Listen to the CKFM interview here.
Conference Themes - over 30 SPEAKERS!
- Sustainable Infrastructure for Rural Sustainability
- Solutions for Water, Waste, and Energy
- Transportation for the Economy of the Future, including Mobility and Product Transport
- Technology as Necessary Infrastructure, including Broadband
- Housing and the Changing Demographics of Rural Communities
- Advancing Agriculture through Innovation
- Role of Agriculture in Rural Resilience
- Rural Entrepreneurship & Agri--business Innovation
- Local Food, Health and Wellness
Creating the Space
This conference is about inspiring solution building, cultivating relationships, empowering decision makers, and engaging youth in community!
Download the Conference Program HERE!