Pathways 2 Sustainability - Alberta's Sustainable Communities Initiative
P2S is convened as a conference biennially in new communities across the province. These initiatives are supported by Round Table discussions and are organized, hosted, and funded by the community for the community creating ownership of both the process and the outcomes!
Since 2008 Pathways 2 Sustainability has directly inspired over 1700 participants; partnered with over 130 different industries, governments, and community service and innovation sectors to showcase solutions; engaged over 20,000 Albertans and 55,000 people across Canada in dialogue about urban design solutions, economic development, community supported agriculture, renewable energy, corporate sustainability, community investment models, climate change adaptation, resilience and sustainability.
- P2S Cochrane 2009 was Hosted by the Cochrane Environmental Action Committee and the Town of Cochrane, with support by Alberta’s Urban Municipalities Association to further municipal sustainability planning.
- P2S Red Deer 2011 was Hosted by the Re-Think Red Deer Society, the City of Red Deer and Red Deer College to accelerate food security, community finance options, and alternative energy solutions.
- P2S Calgary 2013 was Hosted by imagineCalgary, the City of Calgary Office of Sustainability, and Thrive to advance the social, economic, and cultural sustainability goals of Calgary’s sustainability plan.
- P2S Calgary 2015 was hosted by Brookfield, Enmax, the City of Calgary Office of Sustainability and imagineCalgary to showcase Calgary as a "Future City" with a focus on greening the built environment and creating complete, accessible and sustainable communities.
- P2S Olds 2015 is being Hosted by the Town of Olds, the Olds Institute, Olds College, and Mountain View County to advance rural prosperity, agri-innovation, and community investment and entrepreneurship.
Sustainability Resources ltd. is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing capacity for sustainable communities and sustainable resource management.