Our Vision: Olds College shall be the premier Canadian integrated learning and applied research community specializing in agriculture, horticulture, land and environmental management.
Our Mission: Is to create an environment for learning, inquiry, partnership, and communications that supports our students, our employees, and our communities in the service of society.
The Board of Governors has approved five Outcomes that form a structure for the development of associated performance measures. One of the five outcomes is on Sustainability.
Sustainability: Olds College will achieve sustainable operations based on multiple bottom line concepts.
In 2014, Olds College retained the services of Conscious Brands to help us develop a Sustainability Strategy. There are five Strategic Sustainability Goals.
- Environmental Operations: By 2030, Olds College will have created new revenue streams and reduced costs from their significant reduction of waste, water and carbon emissions.
- Sustainable Procurement: By 2030, Olds College will be recognized for adopting sustainability practices that has a healthy balance of operations risks and opportunities.
- Sustainable Transportation: By 2030, Olds College will have reduced reliance on fossil-fuels by 70% for the workforce and student populations to effectively and connectedly work and study, respectively.
- Sustainable Agriculture Instruction: By 2030, Olds College will offer “ first choice” academic programming in Canada around Holistic Sustainable Agriculture that, in turn, produces a new league of personal, community and business leaders.
- Self-Sufficiency: By 2030, Olds College will not be reliant upon public funding by diversifying revenues through leveraging an enterprise learning model and redefining private industry partnership.